Oneiric Art - from books to canvas by Mary Blindflowers - Gosfield Gallery UK

This month we feature Mary Blindflowers, an Italian artist based in Essex. In the artists own words ' I love oneirism, symbol’s clear-headed absurdity and visionariness never for its own sake, but as a vehicle for riding towards worlds that can be related to ours, to their imperfection, filth and material evidence. I like biting poetry and literature which wrong-foots on behalf of experimentability as a reflexive fracture. I do not write to give answers, but to seek doubts from the perspective of an active nihilistical catastrophism. My novels propose lyrical self’s inexhaustible overcoming in a natural and instinctive transcending in order to find again human beings without protective infrastructures, naked and lonely with themselves inside universe’s bastard cosmic time. In my spare time I paint my covers to give light to my words’ subconscious prevalently by oil-on-canvas technique.'